The summer camp volunteer program is a wonderful opportunity for teens who want to have fun while contributing to their community. Volunteers assist the camp staff in all the fun and exciting activities campers enjoy, including field trips, arts and crafts, swimming, games and more. If you are seeking a professional or personal development opportunity, volunteering can be extremely rewarding. It is an opportunity to make friends, work with children in a supervised setting and gain valuable experience in a leadership role.
Summer Camp Volunteer Guidelines
- Volunteers must be at least 13 years old (as of May 1, 2018) and at least two years older than the oldest camper in the program at which they are placed. No exceptions.
- Volunteers work for four weeks; new volunteers must work their first two weeks consecutively. (Volunteers must commit to both weeks of a two-week camp.)
- Volunteers work the core program hours and may work some of the extended hours. No volunteer can work more than eight hours per day.
- Volunteers are placed only at camps operated by Arlington County Department of Parks and Recreation, not in contract camps.
- Volunteers are not placed where they were campers the previous summer or where their family members are current campers.
- Our goal is to place volunteers in the programs of their choice, but we can’t guarantee placements.
- Due to the volume of applicants, applications received after May 1, 2018 may be placed on a