The summer camp volunteer program is a wonderful opportunity for teens who want to have fun while contributing to their community. Volunteers assist the camp staff in all the fun and exciting activities campers enjoy, including field trips, arts and crafts, swimming, games and more. If you are seeking a professional or personal development opportunity, volunteering can be extremely rewarding. It is an opportunity to make friends, work with children in a supervised setting and gain valuable experience in a leadership role.
Summer Camp Volunteer Guidelines
- Volunteers must be at least 13 years old, by May 1, and at least two years older than the oldest camper in the program at which they are placed. No exceptions.
- Volunteers work for four weeks. (Volunteers must commit to both weeks of a two-week camps)
- Volunteers are scheduled to work during the core program hours and may work some of the extended hours. No volunteer can work more than eight hours per day.
- Volunteers are placed only at camps operated by Arlington County Department of Parks and Recreation, not in contracted camps.
- We strive to not place volunteers at camp locations that they were campers the previous summer or where family members are current campers.
- Our goal is to place volunteers in the programs of their choice, but we cannot guarantee placements.
- If we receive a large volume of applicants, we may place volunteers onto a waiting list.
- Complete the Summer Camp Volunteer application online.
- Read and sign the Volunteer Code of Conduct have your parent/guardian sign, then upload the document to your online volunteer application. All signatures MUST be pen and ink; no electronic signatures will be accepted.
- Obtain a current TB screening from your pediatrician and upload the document to your online volunteer application. [TB Screenings are valid for 2 years]
- Review all camp and session preferences with a parent/guardian prior to submitting application.
Please note: Placement letters will only be sent to those volunteers with a completed application and supporting documents.
|Form||Link or Description|
|Code of Conduct||Volunteer Code of Conduct- Please upload to online application once completed.|
|TB Screening||Please obtain from your pediatrician a completed screening document or a negative test result.|
|Placement Letters||These will be sent between April & May. Please upload your signed version once completed.|
- NEW Volunteers will be scheduled for an interview and new volunteer orientation later in the spring. Orientation is mandatory to volunteer.
- ALL Volunteers will receive a Volunteer Placement Letter beginning between Mid April to Late May. Placement letters MUST be signed by you and your parent/guardian, then uploaded to your online application.