Arlington County Department of Parks and Recreation is committed to the American’s with Disabilities Act which guarantees non-discrimination and equal access for individuals with disabilities in all programs, services, and activities. We will provide modifications upon request. Advanced notice for modifications is welcome.
Available Inclusion Supports
The Therapeutic Recreation Office is committed to supporting individuals through:
- Creating and sharing modification plans
- Conducting class observations upon request
- Supporting instructors and parent/guardians as to how to implement various supports upon request
- Providing additional staff to lower the ratio of provide 1:1 support when those resources are available (not guaranteed)
- Adapted equipment/techniques
- Sign language interpreters
- Large print and Braille materials
How to Request a Modification
Complete online, phone-in or mail-in registration. When prompted, identify that inclusion support is needed due to a disability.
Download and complete a Participant Modification Information (PMI) form.
Submit completed forms. Forms can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed/dropped off to 3308 N. Stafford St., Arlington, VA, 22206. Please make sure to identify which programs you are requesting support.
Our Inclusion Support Coordinator will contact you to develop a Participant Modification Plan (PMP) designed to successfully support your participant’s recreational pursuits
Questions? 703-228-4740 or TTY 711