We look forward to teaching everyone about tennis in Arlington County. Please read below on some frequently asked questions about our class program.
How do I register?
You can register for tennis classes online. Once on the page, you will find a link to tennis on the right sidebar. Click that and scroll through all the tennis options. If you need help registering, please contact our registration staff at 703-228-4747.
What class should I register for?
Check out our class description page to figure out the best class for you.
What if I forgot what I am registered for?
If you forgot what you signed up for you can either log into your account online or contact our registration staff at 703-228-4747.
What should I bring to class?
Please bring the following to class with you:
- WATER – Please bring at least one water bottle with you to class. It may not hurt to have an extra bottle (or two) once it gets warm out.
- Racket – please ask our instructors at your class if you have any questions about an appropriate racket, especially if you are about to buy a new one
- Good shoes and appropriate clothes – no street shoes or sandals please
- Optional: Towel, additional clothes (e.g., sweatshirt/jacket) for classes that might get chilly
What cancels a class for inclement weather?
We run all our lessons on some great outdoor courts, but this does make us dependent on weather. Should a class be cancelled for weather, we will provide you with class credits at the end of the session/season. On occasion we try to provide make-ups if time permits. Classes are cancelled for the following reasons:
- Wet Courts/Rain – Safety is our main concern here, even if it is not currently raining, if the courts are slippery it’s not worth the risk of injury
- Thunder/Lightning – We will postpone if we can, but we cannot play when it is thundering or lightning, even if there is no rain.
- HEAT – The courts are even hotter than the air, therefore, in the event of a HEAT ADVISORY or RED Alert, we will have to cancel classes. Our coaches use the national weather service and weather.com/ to determine the heat level. Regardless of whether we cancel or not, please use your best judgment on your participation. We want you to be safe and have a fun time, but please keep in mind your own tolerance to the heat.
How will I be notified if a class cancels for inclement weather?
When we cancel a class due to weather a coach will call you prior. They will call you on the number you provide them the first day of class, so please provide a number we can reach you at. Note, not all of our coaches have 703 or 571 numbers, so be aware they may call you from a different area code number. If it rains the first week, they will contact you on the number you registered. If a class is cancelled because of snow, we will send an email in the morning.
When will I get my cancelled class credits?
We issue household credits for cancelled classes after the entire session has concluded. Please allow a few weeks after the conclusion of your class for a credit. You will receive an automated email with the amount in your household account.