Creative Preschoolers Programs
Half-day preschoolers programs are designed to provide children ages 3-5 with their first social group experience outside the home. Emphasis is placed on experiencing age-appropriate recreation activities, being part of a group, cooperating, listening, sharing, developing play and movement skills, and discovering nature.
The Creative Preschoolers Program is a 9-month program, running from September to May. Hours are 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Except for the program at Fairlington, all are co-op programs, which require parents to sign up on a rotating basis to assist staff. Fairlington parents may assist through field trips, holiday parties and other activities, but are not required to assist on a daily basis.
Creative Preschoolers Programs are offered at 5 convenient Arlington locations
- Carlin Hall Center
- Gunston Community Center
- Lubber Run Community Center (through June 2018)
- Madison Community Center
- Fairlington Community Center
- Langston-Brown Community Center (after June 2018)
- Registration for the 2018 - 2019 school year begins February 20, 2018 for current families and February 27, 2018 at 10 am for new Arlington families.
- Visit registration.arlingtonva.us. Have your WebTrac login information, program number and credit card information available to enroll. We accept VISA, MasterCard and Discover.
- If you don’t have an account with us, create one at registration.arlingtonva.us/ and click “Create Account” in the Login/Register box in the top left corner.
Registration Appointments - What to Bring
Parents must bring the payment deposit and all necessary forms and documents to their registration appointment in order to be processed. Learn more.
- Parents of all new children (including new siblings) must complete and submit all new-child paperwork by May 30.
- Health forms and TB screening must be submitted to the registration office by August 1.
- Cooperative (Co-op) Program parents must submit all paperwork by August 1.
- Returning parents will receive letters from their program teachers.
Arlington County provides many alternatives to make payments affordable to every household, including fee reductions (contact registration office for more information). For your convenience, program tuition is divided into nine equal payments for the nine months of the program. First payment is due at time of registration. Learn more.
- The program fees are not based on attendance.
- All cancellations must be made in writing to the registration office two weeks prior to the last day and are subject to a $20 administrative fee per session.
- Cancellations can be made at firstname.lastname@example.org or to 3700 South Four Mile Run, Arlington, VA 22206. The cost per day will be divided based on the number of days of service.
- Please note that all cancellations are processed by registration staff only, not through program staff.