The Summer 2021 Cooperative Playgroup program has been canceled.
Arlington County’s Cooperative Playgroups are designed to expose children ages 1 – 3 years to their first social group experience and are not preschools which have more structured programming.
Cooperative Playgroups are year-round and occur in 16-week sessions. Parents / guardians commit to supervising 25 – 33% of the sessions and may drop their children off on the days that they are not supervising.
Parents / guardians that supervise are required to complete additional paperwork, including background checks and a TB screening.
- Free play
- Playground / gym time
Cooperative Playgroups are offered at 3 convenient Arlington locations:
|3829 N. Stafford Street||2121 N. Culpeper Street||3308 S. Stafford Street|
|Ages 1 – 3||Ages 1 – 3||Ages 1 and 2|
|9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.||9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.||9:30 – 11:30 a.m.|
|Mon/Wed, Tues/Thur or Fri only||Mon/Wed, Tues/Thur or Fri only||Mon/Wed, Tues/Thur or Fri only|
- Visit the registration website at registration.arlingtonva.us to register, check availability, or create an account
- Choose “preschool” from the column on the right and scroll to the bottom of the page
- You will need your WebTrac login information, program number, and credit card information
- Required forms
- A 2.5% fee is charged by our credit card processor. Customers using credit cards pay the convenience fee directly to the credit card processor. Arlington County does not receive any portion of the fee. Learn how to avoid the fee.
Arlington County provides many alternatives to make payments affordable to every household, including fee reductions (contact registration office for more information). Payment due at time of registration.
|Days||County Tuition||Out of County Tuition|
|Mon. & Wed.||$190.00||$223.50|
|Tues. & Thur.||$190.00||$223.50|
- The program fees are not based on attendance.
- All cancellations must be made in writing to the registration office two weeks prior to the last day and are subject to a $20 administrative fee per session.
- Cancellations can be made at firstname.lastname@example.org or to 3700 South Four Mile Run, Arlington, VA 22206. The cost per day will be divided based on the number of days of service.
- Please note that all cancellations are processed by registration staff only, not through program staff.
- Download the EC Programs Brochure
- Download the Fairlington Playgroup Handbook
- Download the Langston Brown-Madison Cooperative Playgroup Handbook
- Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ’s Playgroup