- Includes homework time, reading support, active play, arts and crafts, nutritious snacks and early release field trips
- Program design based on research from Search Institute
- Accommodations for individuals with disabilities
- Financial aid option for those who qualify
Kids in Action Information (2017-2018 School Year)
Our 2017-2018 Kids in Action site is located at Lubber Run Community Center.
Note: If you are looking for after school care at your home school, check out Arlington County Public Schools Extended Day Programs.
Dates and Times
- Program operates Sept. 5, 2017 – June 15, 2018.
- Monday-Friday, 3 – 6 p.m. (Early Release Wednesdays – 1:30 p.m. – 6 p.m.)
Children in kindergarten must be age 5 by Sept. 30.
- Online Registration: http://registration.arlingtonva.us. If you choose to register online, you will have the option to pay the program fees in full or use installment billing.
- Main Registration Office: 3700 South Four Mile Run Drive Arlington, VA 22206, Hours: M-F, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Phone: 703-228-4747 Email: Registration@arlingtonva.us.
- Satellite Service Centers Locations and hours:
- Arlington Mill Community Center: 909 S. Dinwiddie St. (M-F, 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. 703-228-1822)
- Lubber Run Community Center: 300 N. Park Drive (M-F, 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. 703-228-4750)
- Pay annually: $1,418 (without fee reductions).
- Pay monthly: At the time of registration, the first payment of $141.80 is due. Nine additional monthly payments are due by the 1st day of each month from Oct. 1, 2017 – June 1, 2018. Customers are strongly encouraged to enroll in our new auto-debit option that will automatically charge the monthly payment of $141.80 to a personal credit card on the first of every month from Oct. 1 – June 1.
- Cancellations must be done in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
- Entering or leaving the program in the middle of the service dates will be pro-rated at $8 per day.
Don’t let the fee be a barrier to participating. Arlington County does not want fees to be a barrier for those who participate in County classes, camps or programs. Fee reductions are available on a sliding scale based on household income & size. Please visit our Fee Reduction Page for detailed information.
Fee Schedule for School Year 2017-2018
|Payment||Due Date||Payment due per participant||25% Discount||50% Discount||75% Discount|
|1st Payment||Day of Registration||$141.80||$106.35||$70.90||$35.45|
|Monthly Installments||1st Day of each month October-June||$141.80||$106.35||$70.90||$35.45|
|Annual One Time Payment||Day of Registration (for Sept-June)||$1,418||$1,063.50||$709||$354.50|