- Includes homework time, reading support, active play, arts and crafts, nutritious snacks and early release field trips
- Program design based on research from Search Institute
- Accommodations for individuals with disabilities
- Financial aid option for those who qualify
Our 2017-2018 Kids in Action site is located at Lubber Run Community Center and runs from Sept. 5, 2017 – June 15, 2018, Monday – Friday, 3-6 p.m. (Early Release Wednesdays, 1:30-6 p.m.) The program is currently full.
Lubber Run Community Center will close at the end of the school year for a complete renovation. As a result, students enrolled in Kids in Action will need to transition to the program to APS Extended Day at Barrett Elementary School, which has the capacity to accommodate these participants.
APS Extended Day registration for the 2018-2019 School year opens for online registration on May 1, 2018. Register early to secure a spot for the upcoming school year. Learn more here or call 703-228-6069.
Children in kindergarten must be age 5 by Sept. 30.
- Online Registration: http://registration.arlingtonva.us. If you choose to register online, you will have the option to pay the program fees in full or use installment billing.
- Main Registration Office: 3700 South Four Mile Run Drive Arlington, VA 22206, Hours: M-F, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Phone: 703-228-4747 Email: Registration@arlingtonva.us.
- Satellite Service Centers Locations and hours:
- Arlington Mill Community Center: 909 S. Dinwiddie St. (M-F, 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. 703-228-1822)
- Lubber Run Community Center: 300 N. Park Drive (M-F, 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. 703-228-4750)
- Pay annually: $1,418 (without fee reductions).
- Pay monthly: At the time of registration, the first payment of $141.80 is due. Nine additional monthly payments are due by the 1st day of each month from Oct. 1, 2017 – June 1, 2018. Customers are strongly encouraged to enroll in our new auto-debit option that will automatically charge the monthly payment of $141.80 to a personal credit card on the first of every month from Oct. 1 – June 1.
- Cancellations must be done in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
- Entering or leaving the program in the middle of the service dates will be pro-rated at $8 per day.
Don’t let the fee be a barrier to participating. Arlington County does not want fees to be a barrier for those who participate in County classes, camps or programs. Fee reductions are available on a sliding scale based on household income & size. Please visit our Fee Reduction Page for detailed information.
Fee Schedule for School Year 2017-2018
|Payment||Due Date||Payment due per participant||25% Discount||50% Discount||75% Discount|
|1st Payment||Day of Registration||$141.80||$106.35||$70.90||$35.45|
|Monthly Installments||1st Day of each month October-June||$141.80||$106.35||$70.90||$35.45|
|Annual One Time Payment||Day of Registration (for Sept-June)||$1,418||$1,063.50||$709||$354.50|