The AC 55+ Travel Program has been much loved by Arlingtonians since 1971. As a part of the Office of Senior Adult Programs, 55+ Travel serves a broad spectrum of seniors from all of Arlington as well as neighboring communities. The travel program delivers fun and rewarding social experiences to some of the area’s best:
* Museums and art galleries
* Sporting events and casinos
* Shopping and dining
* Scenic train, bus and boat tours
Exploring the region has never been easier with AC 55+ Travel. We handle the details, leaving you to enjoy yourself on a stress-free outing.
* Reserved seating at concerts and events
* Friendly, diverse travelers – a great way to meet new friends
* Trips are supervised by trained volunteers
* Trips are planned by members of the 55+ community
Day Trips by Bus
Board the bus at one of several senior locations and enjoy a sociable trip with all the details taken care of! AC 55+ Travel conducts more than a dozen day trips every month. Trips are advertised in the Arlington 55+ Guide. The first step in your journey: register for the Arlington County 55+ Pass. Call 703-228-4748 with any questions (TTY: 711).
Trip Sign Up Procedures
- Arlington Residents Only: Sign up in person between 10am and noon on the 2nd Monday of each month at LEE, WR and AM.
- Arlington Residents: Sign up online beginning at noon on 2nd Monday of each month. (See instructions for online registration further below)
- Out-of-County Residents: Sign up online beginning at noon on the following day – Tuesday (See instructions for online registration further below).
- Both Arlington and Out-of-County Residents: Sign up by phone beginning at noon on the following day – Tuesday – by calling 703- 228- 4748 (voicemail). Leave a message with your name, the trip date and destination and your meal choice if advertised (Note: A trip can fill up due to in-person and online reservations). Check, credit card (phone only) or money order are the preferred method of payment. Please make checks payable to “Treasurer, Arlington County” with trip date, trip code number and pick-up site noted on the check memo line and mail to AC 55+Travel, 3829 N. Stafford St., Arlington, VA 22207.
Please note: In the event County facilities are closed, opening is delayed, or 55+ morning programs are cancelled, in-person sign up at all locations will be cancelled for the month. Online and phone registration will proceed as scheduled. Please check our inclement weather hotline at 703-228-4715 or our travel hotline at 703-228-4748.
Online 55+ Travel Registration
- To register online, go to https://registration.arlingtonva.us and enter your login ID and Password.
- Enter your login ID and password. If this is your first time and don’t know your ID and password, call 703-228-4747 (option 3).
- A new web page will appear.
- Once logged in, click on the “55 Plus” menu banner up top and then click on “Register for Day Trips”.
- Select the trip you are interested in and click on it (on the green “+” sign). Then select “Add to Cart” at the bottom of the screen. Trips with a red “X” have no space available. If the trip has reached the limit for online registration, you may call the Travel Office to inquire about space availability at 703-228-4748.
- Select the name of the individual you are registering and continue.
- Select either “Proceed to Checkout” or “Continue Shopping”.
- When you are finished, pay by credit card. A 2.5% fee is charged by our credit card processor.
Checks, credit cards, or money order are the preferred method of payment (Arlington County does not accept American Express).
If paying by check, please make checks payable to ‘Treasurer, Arlington County’, with trip date, trip code number and pick-up location on check memo line, and mail to:
AC 55+ Travel
3829 N. Stafford Street
Arlington, VA 22207
Remember that payments for trip reservations must be received within three working days, or reservations may be cancelled due to non-payment.
Refund Policy For Trips
- No refunds are granted on any trips which require meal reservations, tickets or chartered transportation unless staff is able to sell your reserved space.
- No refunds within 48 hours of trip departure time.
- Phone 703-228-4748 (voicemail) and leave a detailed message for requests for refunds for 55+ trips.
- Lee: Parking and pick-ups are on N. Kentucky St.
- Walter Reed: Parking is in the back lot; Pick-up in front of center.
- Barcroft: Parking is in the garage; Pick up in the front of the center.
When meal choices are advertised, indicate your choice when you register. A dollar sign ($) means lunch is on your own, a plate symbol means the meal is included in the stated price.