Keep active and engaged. There’s always something happening in Arlington for people 55 and older and you’ll know what that is by reading the 55+ Guide.
The 55+ Guide is published bimonthly and is filled with a variety of activities. Most of the programs are free if you have a 55+ Pass.
View the previous July/August 55+ Guide issue.
How to Register for 55+ Classes and Programs
Just pick out programs in the 55+ Guide and follow the registration instructions in the program description or listing.
* Most 55+ Travel and Fitness programs, and many art programs, require advanced registration and payment. Look for the symbol that indicates classes available for advance sign-up.
How to Register for Classes and Programs with Fees
Explore the different program offerings in the 55+ Guide and follow the registration instructions in the description or listing.
HOW TO REGISTER IN PERSON, BY PHONE OR BY MAIL for Classes and Programs with Fees:
Starting January 2019, the registration process for all 55+ programs with fees will change. Arlington County Residents will be given priority for program registration; for example, residents will register on one day and non-residents the following day. This aligns the 55+ Programs with the rest of the Department of Parks and Recreation’s registration processes by giving residents first priority. Please check in the 55+ Guide, or call your local senior center, for upcoming registration dates for classes and programs with fees.
- In person at a senior center, at the Office of Senior Adult Programs: 3829 N. Stafford St., Arlington, 22207 or at the Customer Service Desk at your local community center.
- By phone by calling 703-228-4747
- By mail to 3700 South Four Mile Run Drive, 22206 (include class # on the check). Make checks payable to Treasurer, Arlington County.
Returned Check Fee is $50.
INTERNATIONAL REGISTRATIONS For security reasons, our registration system does not allow for connections outside the United States. If you know you will be traveling internationally during our registration period and would like to register for a class or two, please contact the Registration Office (703-228-4747) in advance.
To Register Online for Classes and Programs with Fees:
- To register online, go to https://registration.arlingtonva.us and enter your login ID and Password.
- Enter your login ID and password. If this is your first time and don’t know your ID and password, call 703-228-4747 (option 3).
- A new web page will appear.
- Once logged in, click on the “55 Plus” menu banner up top and then click on “Register for Classes”.
- If desired, click on a Location then Search to narrow the results.
- Find the class(es) you are interested in and click on the Green Plus sign next to each. The classes you select will be shown in a green bar at the bottom of the page. Once you have selected all the classes, click “Add to Cart” in the green bar at the bottom of the page. For each class, select the person who you are registering. A page will display showing all items in your shopping cart. Select the name of the individual you are registering and continue.
- You will have the option to “Continue Shopping” or “Checkout.”
- Pay by credit card for online registration. A 2.5% fee is charged by our credit card processor. You MUST checkout even if you owe nothing (this includes free classes as well as waitlist registrations.
How to Register for 55+ Trips
Just pick out programs in the 55+ Guide and follow the registration instructions in the 55+ Travel section.
HOW TO REGISTER IN PERSON, BY PHONE OR ONLINE for 55+ Trips:
- Arlington Residents Only: Sign up in person between 10am and noon on the 2nd Monday of each month at LEE, WR and AM.
- Arlington Residents: Sign up online beginning at noon on 2nd Monday of each month. (See instructions for online registration further below)
- Out-of-County Residents: Sign up online beginning at noon on the following day – Tuesday (See instructions for online registration further below).
- Both Arlington and Out-of-County Residents: Sign up by phone beginning at noon on the following day – Tuesday – by calling 703- 228- 4748 (voicemail). Leave a message with your name, the trip date and destination and your meal choice if advertised (Note: A trip can fill up due to in-person and online reservations). Check, credit card (phone only) or money order are the preferred method of payment. Please make checks payable to “Treasurer, Arlington County” with trip date, trip code number and pick-up site noted on the check memo line and mail to AC 55+Travel, 3829 N. Stafford St., Arlington, VA 22207.
Please note: In the event County facilities are closed, opening is delayed, or 55+ morning programs are cancelled, in-person sign up at all locations will be cancelled for the month. Online and phone registration will proceed as scheduled. Please check our inclement weather hotline at 703-228-4715 or our travel hotline at 703-228-4748.
To Register Online for 55+ TRIPS:
- To register online, go to https://registration.arlingtonva.us/
- Enter your login ID and Password. If this is your first time and you do not know your ID and password, please call 703-228-4747 (option 3).
- A new web page will appear.
- Once logged in, click on the “55 Plus” menu banner up top and then click on “Register for Day Trips”.
- Select the trip you are interested in and click on it (on the green “+” sign). Then select “Add to Cart” at the bottom of the screen. Trips with a red “X” have no space available. If the trip has reached the limit for online registration, you may call the Travel Office to inquire about space availability at 703-228-4748.
- Select the name of the individual you are registering and continue.
- Select either “Proceed to Checkout” or “Continue Shopping”.
- When you are finished, pay by credit card. A 2.5% fee is charged by our credit card processor.
Take a look at what’s available at your local senior center. The recreation, education, fitness and social programs can make a difference in your life!
(for all fitness levels)
- Seated Exercise Classes
- Strength Training
- Core Strength
- Tai Chi
- Walking Clubs
- Ice Skating
- Senior Olympics
- Art Lectures, Classes and Workshops
- Computer and Technology classes
- Language classes
- Music Appreciation and Practices
- Nutrition classes and Cooking Demos
- Safe Driving classes
- Armchair Travel
- Book Clubs
- Current Events
- Dance Style Programs and Groups
- Line Dancing
- Instrumental Groups
- Lecture Series
- Memoir and Writing Workshops
- Mental Aerobics
- Ping Pong
- Singing Groups
- Wellness Programs
- Volunteer/Leadership Opportunities
To cancel a fee-based class, program, or activity you have registered for, please call 703-228-4747 (option 3).
Refund Policy for Classes with Fees
Refunds must be requested through the Registration Office at 703-228-4747 – or to request further details about the policy.
Full refunds for OSAP classes are made automatically when classes are canceled by OSAP due to insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen reasons, or upon request when schedule or location changes made by OSAP prohibit or limit attendance. Refunds for medical reasons must be accompanied by a physician’s note and are considered on a case by case basis.