For the Spring 2021 season, the synthetic field and track located inside the following stadiums will be closed to the public on weekdays during the following days and times due to Arlington County high school scholastic sports, games, and practices in order for APS to maintain their capacity limits during Covid-19 restrictions:
Closed to Public
7:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
7:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
* Wakefield Stadium and Track will be closed during the school day
7:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
7:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Closed until 12:00 p.m.
* Washington -Liberty Stadium and Track will be closed during the school day
3:30 p.m. – 7:15 p.m.
3:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
3:30 p.m.- 8 p.m.
8:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
When High School games are scheduled tracks will remain closed for the duration of the game. For game schedules please visit the field calendar linked to the stadium above.
There are three outdoor tracks open for community use in Arlington County. Hours vary depending on scheduled events, so always check ahead.
- Greenbrier Park Track: Opens at sunrise, closes at dark or fifteen minutes after last scheduled event.
- Wakefield Stadium Track: Opens 7 a.m., closes at dark or fifteen minutes after last scheduled event.
- Washington-Liberty High School (War Memorial Stadium) Track: Opens 7 a.m., closes at dark or fifteen minutes after last scheduled event.
Learn more about the indoor track at Thomas Jefferson Community and Fitness Center.
- Any person, group or organization offering classes, clinics or other instruction in Arlington County facilities must have a current contract with the County.
- The Greenbrier Park Track is only closed during high school varsity football and lacrosse games; any district, regional and state tournaments; track meets and County sponsored special events.
- Lights are only used for events scheduled on a field.
- Wakefield Stadium Track and Washington-Liberty High School (War Memorial Stadium) Track are closed during all high school games; track meets; district, regional and state tournaments; and county-sponsored events in the stadiums.
- Running groups should contact the Facilities Scheduling Office to arrange use of various tracks to minimize impact on others.
- Running groups will not be permitted on the tracks while High School games are taking place on the field. Warm-ups for such events are included within the announced game closure.