Arlington County loves its dogs and strives to provide safe places for pets and their human companions to meet, greet, and have fun! The eight local Dog Parks are county-sanctioned areas within their respective County parks. Please be sure to abide by the following rules and regulations to have a safe and rewarding experience at the Arlington County Dog Parks. Please note that pets are not allowed on designated athletic fields at any time.
All animal bites should be reported immediately to the Department of Animal Control located at the Animal Welfare League of Arlington at 703-931-9241 or 2650 South Arlington Mill Dr.
All Dogs in Arlington County
- All dogs must be leashed unless they are in a dog park or on private property and under control.
- Guardians are responsible for picking up their the picking up their dog waste and disposing of it properly.
- Violations of the leash law, pooper-scooper law and running-at-large law can result in a summons to appear in court and a fine of $100.
- Guardians/handlers are legally responsible for their dog and any injury caused by them.
- It is unlawful for any person who owns, possesses or harbors a dog to permit that dog to create a frequent or continued noise disturbance across a real property boundary or within a nearby dwelling unit. (County Code)
- All dogs must be licensed and vaccinated.
- Guardians/handlers must always be in possession of their dog’s leash.
Additional Rules for Dogs in County Dog Parks
- Dogs less than four months old are not permitted in a dog park.
- Female dogs in heat are not allowed in a dog park at any time.
- No food or alcohol is allowed within the boundaries of a dog park.
- Dogs must be removed at the first sign of aggression. Aggressive dogs shall not be permitted within any designated off-leash dog parks. An “aggressive dog” is defined as a dog that poses a threat to humans or other animals.
- A handler/guardian may bring in no more than three dogs at a time.
- Professional dog trainers may not use a dog park to conduct business, unless sponsored by Arlington County.
- Guardians/handlers must always remain with their dog and be in view of their dog.
- Guardians/handlers, prior to leaving a dog park, must fill holes dug by their dog.
- Dog grooming is not allowed in any dog park, unless it is part of an Arlington County sponsored program.