Q: Do I need to wear a mask to the facility?
A: Masks or face coverings must be worn at all times by everyone, unless they are using fitness equipment that is spaced 10 feet away from another person. Only gymnasts may remove masks (with their coaches permission) when using apparatus and performing high-level skills on all events.
Q: What protocols are in place when entering a Parks & Recreation facility.
A: Arlington County has specific guidelines in place based on the Forward Virginia plan.
- Everyone who enters a Parks & Recreation facility will need to inform staff about their health. A sign is posted with a series of questions regarding your health and if you’ve been exposed to COVID-19. No one can enter the facility without this health screening. And anyone who does not pass the screening must leave the facility immediately.
- There are separate locations to enter and exit a facility. Please follow the signage to enter and exit.
- Do not use a piece of fitness equipment for more than 30 minutes.
- Do not linger in the facility. Please keep your visit to 60 minutes or less.
- No more than four people can play basketball or volleyball at a time.
- Only singles pickleball is allowed.
Q: Is the fitness equipment safe to use?
A: Arlington County cannot disinfect all surfaces and furnishings to completely stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Equipment has been moved to keep the correct distancing. Do not turn on a powered off machine or move equipment.
- Clean the equipment before and after use. Spray cleaner and paper towels are readily available in the centers.
Q: Are locker rooms, showers and sauna open?
A: No. Locker rooms, showers and sauna are closed until further notice. Restrooms are available, however, only two people can enter at a time.
Q: Will towels be available?
A: No, towels service has been discontinued.