Q: Do I need to wear a mask to the facility?
A: Wear a face covering at all times when you are indoors, except, if necessary, when you are working out or playing a sport.
Q: What protocols are in place when entering a Parks & Recreation facility.
A: Arlington County has specific guidelines in place based on the Forward Virginia plan.
- Everyone who enters a Parks & Recreation facility will need to inform staff about their health. A sign is posted with a series of questions regarding your health and if you’ve been exposed to COVID-19. No one can enter the facility without this health screening. And anyone who does not pass the screening must leave the facility immediately.
- There are separate locations to enter and exit a facility. Please follow the signage to enter and exit.
- Do not use a piece of fitness equipment for more than 30 minutes.
- Do not linger in the facility. Please keep your visit to 60 minutes or less.
- No more than four people can play basketball or volleyball at a time.
- Only singles pickleball is allowed.
Q: Is the fitness equipment safe to use?
A: Arlington County cannot disinfect all surfaces and furnishings to completely stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Equipment has been moved to keep the correct distancing. Do not turn on a powered off machine or move equipment.
- Clean the equipment before and after use. Spray cleaner and paper towels are readily available in the centers.
Q: Are locker rooms, showers and sauna open?
A: No. Locker rooms, showers and sauna are closed until further notice. Restrooms are available, however, only two people can enter at a time.
Q: Will towels be available?
A: No, towels service has been discontinued.