Free Agent Registration Instructions
Please click HERE to access the free agent registration page for both youth and adult leagues. If you do not already have an account with the Arlington County Department of Parks and Recreation, you will need to create your account before you can complete registration.
- Search using your league’s search criteria or simply scroll down through the available league registrations.
- Once you find the league for which you would like to register, click the green + box to the left of the league.
- A green bar will pop up at the bottom of your screen that will allow you to either add the free agent registration to your cart or to clear the current selection. Click “Add to Cart” to proceed with the free agent registration.
- Select the individual on your account who is to be registered (if there is more than one person associated with the account), and click “Continue.”
- Enter a description of your experience and add any special requests. Special requests might include times you are available, if you would like to play with another specific free agent, etc.
- Click “Proceed to Checkout”
- Be sure that “$0.00” is listed in the “Amount to be paid today” line and click “Continue.”
Free Agent Registration FAQs
Q: When will I receive a team assignment?
A: Individuals who register as a free agent are NOT guaranteed team placement. Team captains/coaches can reach out to free agents at any point during a season to gauge interest in joining their team.
Q: How much does it cost to register as a free agent?
A: Free agent registration is free. Free agents that are picked up by a team must pay the team’s captain/coach a portion of the team registration fee which is determined by the captain/coach. It is usually the team registration fee divided by the number of players on the roster.
Q: What is the deadline to register as a free agent?
A: There is no free agent registration deadline. Individuals may register at any point during a league’s season.