Community organizations are invited to set up booth spaces to display materials and artifacts from their organizations.
Complete the online application to sign up.
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.: The Theta Rho Lambda Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. was chartered in Arlington County on December 30, 1964. The Chapter embarked upon creative and effective program planning, management, and implementation. The Theta Rho Lambda Chapter programs include the Fraternity’s National Programs, which are community outreach and mentoring initiatives: Go–To–High School, Go–To–College; Project Alpha; A Voteless People is a Hopeless People; and, Brother’s Keeper. The Fraternity Banner will be on display, as well as literature about their national programs, and photos of their various events.
- Arlington(VA) Chapter of the Links, Inc.: The Links, Inc. consists of over 15,000 professional women of color with chapters across the country, who volunteer to help African Americans and others of African heritage. The Arlington (VA) Chapter was established in 1966. We help our community some of the following examples: mentoring students in STEAM, raising money for college scholarships and ensuring that those who receive scholarships graduate, providing wellness education, and voter education.
- Arlington Lodge #58: Displaying history of the lodge with banners, posters and shadow box.
- Black Heritage Museum of Arlington
- Center for Local History: Banners on desegregation of Arlington Public Schools, puzzles, brochures.
- Joan Mulholland: Book and DVD sales to benefit the Joan Trumpauer Mulholland Foundation.
- John M Langston Citizens Association: Display of the Halls Hill/High View Park neighborhood.
- Nauck Civic Association: The life and times of those who made a difference in Nauck: John Robinson, Joan Cooper, Jennie Davis, Dr. Leonard Muse, Church History.
- Wilma Jones Killgo: NEW BOOK: My Halls Hill Family: More Than a Neighborhood. Display historic memoir about the Halls Hill neighborhood which will be available for sale and she will sign books. Will also display items related to 60th Anniversary of school desegregation which her brother, Michael Jones was one of the Stratford Four.