Celebrate spring with a fun community event!
Show your neighborhood spirit and get involved in Neighborhood Day 2018! On Saturday, May 12, neighborhoods across Arlington will organize events ranging from picnics to sporting events. A beloved Arlington tradition, Neighborhood Day brings communities together to enjoy the great outdoors (or indoors) and strengthens ties between neighbors.
Arlington offers some great resources to help get the party started:
- Interested in having a block party? Obtain a permit for events that require street closures.
- Hire local teens through the T.E.A.M. program for a DJ, balloon artist, face painter, or moon bounce.
- Contact the Parks and Recreation Volunteer Office to plan a park clean up in your area.
- Invite your local fire station to showcase a fire truck. Contact the station and let them know when and where you’d like a fire truck…and, pending emergencies, they’ll do what they can to bring one.
- Invite a County Board Member to your event!
- Reserve a picnic shelter, field, or court to hold a picnic or organized sporting event.
- Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment can assist with organizing a stream clean up.
- Host a Neighborhood Walkabout! WalkArlington has developed routes and maps for many of Arlington’s communities.
- Support local non-profit Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC) by hosting a food drive.
For more information about how to get involved in Neighborhood Day, email Laura Barragan at firstname.lastname@example.org.