5:00 pm-8:00 pm
Lubber Run Community Center
Join us as we celebrate the reopening of the Lubber Run Community Center on Fri., July 9, 5-8 p.m. The event will include a ribbon cutting ceremony at 5 p.m., followed by a block party and indoor and outdoor programming. Activities will include:
- Arlington Art Truck: Words Matter: Honoring Arlington Educators by Justyne Fischer
- 55+ programming:
– 5:30-6:15 p.m.: Cooking Demo (Senior Room)
– 5:30 p.m.: Total Fitness (Multi-Purpose Room)
– 6:15 p.m.: Drumming Circle (Multi-Purpose Room)
– 6:30 p.m.: Name that Tune (Senior Room)
– 7 p.m.: Tai Chi (Multi-Purpose Room)
- Chalk Obstacle Course
- Exhibitor Booths:
– Animal Welfare League of Arlington: Learn about AWLA’s community support services and educational services and meet an adoptable dog!
– Arlington’s Car-Free Diet
– Arlington County Department of Human Services Children’s Behavioral Health
– Arlington County Department of Human Services Community Outreach Program
– Arlington County Department of Human Services Food Assistance/Real Food for Kids: Get information on where to get food assistance and learn about SNAP (food stamps)
– Arlington County Department of Public Safety Communications and Emergency Management 9-11 Call Center
– Arlington County Nature Centers
– Arlington Initiative to Rethink Energy
– Arlington Teen Network Board
– Buckingham Youth Brigade/BU-GATA
– Go Bananas Dancing: Do a silly dance and get a banana!
- Facility tour at 7 p.m. (meet at entrance to parking garage)
- Fire truck
- Fitness activities in Wellness Room (ages 18+, max participants = 10):
– 6:05-6:25 p.m., Muscle Conditioning: Get your strength training in with only your body weight!
– 6:35-6:55 p.m., Cardio Core: Get your heartrate up and then work your back and abs!
– 7:35-7:55 p.m., Limber Up: Stretch it out!
- Food Trucks
The Big Cheese (view menu)
Kona Ice (view menu)
Top Dogg (view menu)
- Inflatable activities
– Criss Cross Basketball
– Obstacle Course
– Home Run Derby
- Live Music “PhED Up”, 5:30-7 p.m., lower patio
PhEd-Up is the pairing of Phil Rosen and Ed Girovasi, two Arlington natives who enjoy playing and singing a wide variety of music featuring their acoustic guitars. Phil and Ed have played at several Arlington County Community Centers over the last few years. With Rebbecca Krafft, they organize the talent appearing at the County’s popular Acoustic Cafe held at the Walter Reed Community Center. Come to Lubber Run CC to hear PhEd-Up live — you’ll leave feeling the opposite!
- Pickleball demonstration, 6-7 p.m. (Gymnasium)
- Preschool-age programming (Preschool Room):
– 5-7:30 p.m.: Make & Take Musical Instruments
- Scavenger hunt
Parking is available at the garage located on N Park Dr. Enter N Park Dr from N George Mason Dr.
This event is rain or shine.
Learn more about the Lubber Run Community Center project here.
Help us #WelcomeBackLubberRun!
*Attendees must adhere to Arlington County’s COVID-19 safety guidance.