12:00 pm-8:00 pm
Celebrate the new Long Bridge Aquatics & Fitness Center at the FREE community celebration on Sat., Sept. 25, noon-8 p.m.
Programming happening from noon-5 p.m.:
- Arlington Art Truck
- Art Project: David Hockney Swimming Pools (noon-3 p.m.)
- Drop-In Fitness Classes for ages 13+*
12:30-1 p.m.: Cycle
2-3 p.m.: Fitness Equipment Orientation
3:30-4 p.m.: Muscle Blast
4-4:30 p.m.: Limber Up
– Animal Welfare League of Arlington
– Arlington County Child & Family Services Division, Prevention Unit
– Arlington Masters Swim Team
– Arlington’s Car-Free Diet
– Go Bananas Dancing
– Nature Centers
– Office of the Arlington County Treasurer
- Facility Tours every half hour from 12:15-7:15 p.m.
Bonus: Learn more about the public art piece, Sky Column, at the 12:15 p.m. and 4:15 p.m. tours
- Fire Truck
- Food Trucks
BBQ At Its Best
Kona Ice (1-5 p.m.)
- Inflatables – Obstacle Course and Criss-Cross Basketball
- Lawn Games – Cornhole, Giant Checkers, Giant Connect Four, Giant Inflatable Ring Toss, Giant Jenga
- Rock Climbing Wall
- USO Mobile Unit
From 5-8 p.m., the National Landing BID will host a concert and beer garden. As Virginia’s largest walkable downtown, National Landing is building the region’s next great innovation and entertainment district. Join them for a festive fall Beer Garden and live entertainment featuring Virginia native and Hot 99.5 Rising Artist Winner, Jerel Crockett beginning at 5 p.m. The night will include a diverse lineup of some of the DMV’s hottest DJs Farrah Flosscett and King Iven, as well as a surprise cover band playing all your favorite songs from the 80s, 90s and today.
*Limited capacity – first-come, first-served
The Center is open during the event so check out the pool schedule and bring your suit! Daily pool passes start at $5.
Long Bridge, home to Arlington County’s only 50-meter pool with one-, three- and five-meter diving towers and tiered spectator seating overlooking the pool, is the new go-to facility for competitive swimming and diving events, community lap swimming, aquatics and fitness classes and other activities. The center also houses a leisure pool, featuring a water slide, indoor sprayground, lazy river and additional lanes for community lap swimming.