On Saturday, May 4, neighborhoods across Arlington will organize events ranging from picnics to sporting events. A beloved Arlington tradition, Neighborhood Day brings communities together to enjoy the great outdoors (or indoors) and strengthens ties between neighbors.
Below are some ideas of how to get the party started!
- Interested in having a block party? Obtain a permit for events that require street closures.
- Hire local teens through the T.E.A.M. program for a DJ, balloon artist, face painter, or moon bounce.
- Invite a County Board Member to your event!
- Reserve a picnic shelter or field to hold a picnic or organized sporting event…how about challenging another neighborhood to kickball, softball, soccer or tennis game?
- Host a Neighborhood Walkabout! WalkArlington has developed routes and maps for many of Arlington’s communities.
- Support local non-profit Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC) by hosting a food drive.
Be sure to tag your Neighborhood Day social media posts and photos with the hashtag #ARLNeighborhoodDay!