- Application: As a prospective partner, you will fill out an application that collects basic information about you and/or your organization or business, which is then reviewed internally by Arlington County staff for a decision. We try to communicate decisions within 30 days of submission, but timing may vary based on the volume of applicants. We appreciate your patience as we consider your application, but feel free to contact us to check on status. Decisions are based on how well your application fits with Arlington County Department of Parks and Recreation mission and vision. In addition, Arlington County will evaluate your application against a number of criteria. Arlington County staff may contact you to request additional information.
- Notification: You will be notified of your application status via email.
- Memorandum of Agreement: If approved, you may need to sign a Memorandum of Agreement with Arlington County Department of Parks and Recreation, which includes additional information about your proposal.
- If an MOA is required: Once both you or your organization and the County have signed the MOA, Arlington County staff will move forward with the implementation as defined by the agreement.
- If an MOA is not required: Arlington County will send you a letter outlining the terms of our acceptance of your donation or collaboration proposal.
- Benefits: There are many benefits to collaborating with Arlington County Department of Parks and Recreation, including being recognized for your contribution through a variety of means including, but not limited to an official letter signed by the Director of the Department of Parks and Recreation; press announcement or publications; ribbon cutting; standardized small, text-only signage; and/or standardized small, text-only attribution on public web pages and social media sites.
We look forward to working together to support parks and recreation programs and services. If you have questions or technical issues, Email us.