Information provided on this webpage is specific to credits issued by contracted camp providers during Summer 2020 for use during Summer 2021. For any questions regarding a credit with a contracted camp provider, please reach out to the contracted camp provider directly via the information below.
With the cancelation of camps last summer, Arlington County’s Department of Parks and Recreation issued refunds for their camps and worked with partner camps, run by contractors, to coordinate refunds for their camps. Some contractors issued credits for summer 2021 instead of issuing refunds.
Households who received credits were informed by their contracted camp provider last summer and again this February by DPR staff, how to use the credits for summer camp 2021. If you received a credit, but have not been informed how to use it, call 703-228-4747.
If you did not receive a credit or a refund for the cancelled camp program last summer, please contact the camp provider directly.
- The contracted camp provider whose camp was canceled informed households last summer.
- Households will receive a call from a DPR staff member in February/March 2021.
- Households will receive an email or postal mail correspondence (based on information available) from DPR and Contracted Camp provider.
- Households will have access to a DPR hosted website detailing the credit practices this summer.
DPR has worked with contracted camp providers to confirm the refund policy of each provider. DPR will register household members based on the type of credit issued. Please see the list of camp providers and their respective credit policy:
The following camps will receive an Actual Value Credit. Households with this credit have an identified refund balance. This is good towards payments associated with that camp provider. Any balance due is the responsibility of the parent (?) at time of registration.
Contracted Camp Providers
- Tiny Chefs
- Momentum 3
- Tennis Central
- One on One
- Silver Knights Enrichment
- Patriot Girls Basketball
- Virginia Outside
- PS Karma
- SPARK Business Academy
The following camps will receive a Rollover Rate Credit. Households with this credit have an identified camp balance. Meaning that families can apply one week of camp directly towards a week of camp in 2021. No balance will be due by the household, even if the cost of the camp program is greater.
Contracted Camp providers:
- Orangeline Sports
When can I register for contracted camps using my credit?
- Contracted camp credit registration is March 17 -March 23 (excluding weekends).
- This pre-registration allows households with contractor credits to utilize their credits prior to registration opening to the general public on March 24.
- Credit registration cannot be done online. It can only be done via phone-in registration.
- We encourage households with credits to register during this time. If you wait to register, camps may be full, and spaces are not guaranteed.
Can I register for additional camps when I’m done registering with my camp credits?
- You can register for contracted camps using camp credits from March 17-23. To register for all other camps using an alternate payment method, you will be able to register beginning March 24 at 7 a.m.
Can I use my credit to register for any camp in the camp catalog?
- No, use of credits is specific to the contracted camp provider. For example, if you registered for camps with Silver Knights Enrichment in 2020 and received a credit, the credit will only be valid at camps offered by Silver Knights Enrichment in 2021.
If I believe that my credit is more than what you have listed what do I do?
- The vendor has provided DPR with this credit amount. If you believe that this total is inaccurate, contact the vendor to dispute the credit amount.
If I have a household credit on my DPR account, can I use it when I’m registering with my credit from a contractor?
- No, DPR credits are not eligible for contracted camp registration. Households that have a balance in the form of a credit can apply this towards their payment during checkout when they register for camps beginning March 24 at 7 a.m.
Does the same person in our household have to use the credit, or can anyone in a household that has camp credits use the credits?
- Anyone in the household can use the camp credit; credits have been issued to the household, not an individual.
If I have a credit and the camp is full, what do I do?
- In the event camps are full, we can add you to a waitlist or register you for another available camp. DPR cannot guarantee spots in camps.
Can I still apply for a fee reduction or a hardship if I have a credit?
- Yes, households can apply for a fee reduction or hardship based on their family's income.
Can I use a camp credit to pay the balance due on my account?
- No, contractor credits are tied to each vendor. You can only use the credit for the same camp as the credit was issued.
How do I apply my camp credit if I need to transfer or cancel a camp enrollment?
- Please contact the Registration office at 703-228-4747 for assistance with transfers into available camp programs or enrollment cancellations.
If there are any cancellations during the camp week, will I receive a pro-rated credit back to the household account?
- DPR will address this on a case-by-case basis with impacted families and providers to determine if camps will assess a pro-rated refund.