This program is currently on hiatus due to COVID 19
Despite its dense urban character, Arlington County has a flourishing gardening scene with almost 380 community garden plot-holders. Glebe Community Garden is Arlington Parks and Recreation’s most ambitious effort at inclusive gardening.
Through a partnership between the Department of Parks and Recreation and ServiceSource, along with the support of Arlington’s gardening community, adults with disabilities are able to grow fresh garden produce in an accessible garden.
Our accessible community garden features an innovative vertical garden design and fosters unique community collaboration.
Benefits of an inclusive, accessible vertical garden include:
- Increased physical fitness and endurance.
- Making friends and increased positive behaviors.
- Learning how to plan, plant and tend a garden.
- Making healthy food choices.
- Learning how to cook using the harvest.
For more information, 703-228-4740 or TRinfo@arlingtonva.us.