What is your program philosophy?
The Creative Preschoolers Program is a recreational-social program. Our philosophy is that children learn best at this age through play. Our programs provide opportunities for children to explore art, music, literature, science, social studies and nature organized around a weekly theme. We believe that children at this age learn through hands-on exploration of their world, so we will provide a safe
and stimulating setting in which to do this. They benefit most when given the opportunity to discover, imagine and express their original ideas in an environment where the individual’s personal contributions are valued. Our goal is to develop your child’s self-confidence and decision-making skills.
What safety precautions are in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic?
The Department of Parks and Recreation is closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and specific guidance for childcare facilities at the local, state and federal levels and may change or lift program protocols if guidance changes.
At this time, these are our current procedures:
- Lower class enrollment (maximum 10-12 participants dependent upon location)
- Curbside drop off & pick up with contactless sign in and sign out
- Daily health screenings for participants and staff (health questions and touchless temperature check)
- Required face masks for participants and staff indoors
- Increased handwashing
- Surfaces and materials disinfected frequently
- Adjust activities and procedures to limit sharing items, such as toys, belongings, supplies and equipment
- Personal participant supply kits (art supplies, manipulatives, books etc.) to reduce shared materials.
- Increased outdoor time as weather permits.
- Socially distanced environment using various tools such as tape, arrows, cones, simple signage, sit spots, chants and social stories to reinforce distancing at circle times, snack times, bathrooms and play centers
How do I contact the program that I am interested in?
- Carlin Hall – 703-379-1390, email@example.com
- Fairlington – 703-228-6430, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gunston – 703-228-6981, email@example.com
- Lubber Run – TBD
- Madison – 703-228-5316, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Can my child attend a program if we do not live in Arlington?
Children who do not reside in Arlington can register for Creative Preschooler Programs (except our pilot program at Lubber Run) a week after registration for Arlington residents has begun.
How do you accommodate children with food allergies?
If your child has food allergies, contact your program administrator and they will work with you to create an allergy action plan.
Does my child need to be potty-trained to register?
Your child does not need to be potty-trained. Parents/caregivers are responsible for leaving a small supply of diapers and wipes in their child’s cubby to be used during preschool program hours.
How can I find out if a program still has space available?
Call 703-228-4747 to see if there is space in a Creative Preschooler Program.
If my child turns three years old after the school year begins, can they register in the Creative Preschooler Program?
Yes, if space is available. Once your child turns three years old, call 703-228-4747 to check for availability and register your child.
What is the daily schedule?
Typical Daily Schedule (*Varies according to location)
9:30-9:45 Participant Arrival (curbside sign in, hand sanitizer before entry)
9:45-10:00 Welcome Circle (calendar, intro to theme, movement) *
10:00-10:45 Center time (choice of free play stations) *
10:30-10:45 Bathroom break and handwashing
10:45-11:15 Outdoor play (mask break & distanced large motor activities) *
11:30-12:00 Snack *
12:00 Bathroom and Handwashing*
12:00-12:20 Outdoor Game *
12:20-12:30 Closing Circle (story, daily feedback discussion) *
12:30 Participant Dismissal (curbside sign out, hand sanitizer after exiting)
*Indicates a distanced activity