Q: What Park & Recreation facilities are open?
Fitness rooms and gyms are open in these community centers: Fairlington, Madison, Thomas Jefferson and Langston Brown. View hours. All other indoor recreation facilities are closed.
Q: What safety guidelines are in place for fitness rooms & gymnasiums?
A: The guidelines are:
- No one can enter the building without first reviewing the list of symptoms and informing staff of your responses.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times, except when exercising.
- Follow directional signage. Entries and exits will be different than you are used to.
- Only two people can enter a restroom at one time.
- Limit your time on the fitness equipment to 30 minutes; limit your total workout to 60 minutes.
- Limit your drop-in sports play to 60 minutes. Do not linger after your game has ended.
- Bring your own pickleballs, basketballs and volleyballs.
- No food or snacks.
- Locker rooms, sauna and showers are closed.
Q: How often are restrooms cleaned?
A: Restrooms are cleaned each evening. Arlington County cannot disinfect all surfaces and furnishings to completely stop the spread of COVID-19. Wash your hands regularly. Call 703-228-7999, option 4, if a restroom needs to be resupplied.
Q: How often are playground surfaces cleaned?
A: Arlington County does not disinfect playground surfaces and furnishings. Wash your hand often.
Q: What restrictions are there for fields?
A: Fields cannot be reserved. They are on a first-come, first-served basis.
Q: What facilities can be reserved?
A: Facility rentals for outdoor tennis, basketball, & volleyball courts, picnic shelters and trails are being accepted. Please call 703-228-4747 to reserve a facility.
Q: Will Arlington Parks & Recreation provide any programming this summer?
A: Yes! Outdoor programs started in select parks on July 8. Here’s a calendar. And every weekday through Aug. 18 kids are invited to our REC @ Home. We are also offering virtual programs for nature and history enthusiasts and people 55 and older.
Q: Do you have to wear a face covering in parks?
A: For your safety and the safety of others, we recommend wearing a cloth face mask when you are near others. However, face masks are not mandatory; social distancing and congregating in groups of 50 or less are mandatory.
Q: Are there specific safety guidelines and rules we need to follow?
A: Our regular park rules, including that dogs should be on leash and bikes are not permitted on our natural trails, remain. Here is a list of open park amenities and their usage guidelines:
- Athletic fields (with restrictions)
- Basketball courts
- Batting cages
- Bocce courts
- Community gardens
- Disc golf course
- Dog parks
- Fitness Rooms & Gymnasiums
- Pickleball courts
- Picnic shelters (with restrictions)
- Skate park
- Tennis courts
- Volleyball courts
Q: How will the County enforce the gathering restriction?
A: Arlington County Police, park rangers, and park rovers will be monitoring parks, trails, playgrounds and fields to ensure people are social distancing and that groups are no bigger than 50 people. Report issues here.