Q: What Park & Recreation facilities will open on July 10?
A: On July 10 these additional amenities will reopen:
- Fitness rooms and gyms will reopen in four of Arlington County’s Community Centers: Fairlington, Madison, Thomas Jefferson and Langston Brown.
Q: What safety guidelines are in place for fitness rooms & gymnasiums?
A: The guidelines are:
- No one can enter the building without first reviewing the list of symptoms and informing staff of your responses.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times, except when exercising.
- Follow directional signage. Entries and exits will be different than you are used to.
- Only two people can enter a restroom at one time.
- Limit your time on the fitness equipment to 30 minutes; limit your total workout to 60 minutes.
- Limit your drop-in sports play to 60 minutes. Do not linger after your game has ended.
- Bring your own pickleballs, basketballs and volleyballs.
- No food or snacks.
- Locker rooms, sauna and showers are closed.
Q: How often are restrooms cleaned?
A: Restrooms are cleaned each evening. Arlington County cannot disinfect all surfaces and furnishings to completely stop the spread of COVID-19. Wash your hands regularly. Call 703-228-7999, option 4, if a restroom needs to be resupplied.
Q: How often are playground surfaces cleaned?
A: Arlington County does not disinfect playground surfaces and furnishings. Wash your hand often.
Q: What remains closed?
A: The following park amenities will remain closed due to health safety concerns:
- Community and Nature Centers
Q: Why are spraygrounds closed when playgrounds are open.
A: At this time the Governor’s Guidance restricts opening spraygrounds.
Q: What restrictions are there for fields?
A: Fields cannot be reserved. They are on a first-come, first-served basis.
Q: What facilities can be reserved?
A: Facility rentals for outdoor tennis, basketball, & volleyball courts, picnic shelters and trails are being accepted.
Q: Will Arlington Parks & Recreation provide any programming this summer?
A: Yes! Outdoor programs started in select parks on July 8. Here’s a calendar.
And every weekday through Aug. 18 kids are invited to our REC @ Home.
Q: Do you have to wear a face mask in parks?
A: For your safety and the safety of others, we recommend wearing a cloth face mask when you are near others. However, face masks are not mandatory; social distancing and congregating in groups of 50 or less are mandatory.
Q: When will other park amenities open?
A: Arlington anticipates a phased reopening of its Parks & Recreation facilities and programs. As the County looks towards reopening additional park amenities, we will continue to monitor guidance from the national, state and local health officials.
Q: Are there specific safety guidelines and rules we need to follow?
A: Our regular park rules, including that dogs should be on leash and bikes are not permitted on our natural trails, remain. Here is a list of open park amenities and their usage guidelines:
- Athletic fields (with restrictions)
- Basketball courts
- Batting cages
- Bocce courts
- Community gardens
- Disc golf course
- Dog parks
- Fitness Rooms & Gymnasiums
- Pickleball courts
- Picnic shelters (with restrictions)
- Skate park
- Tennis courts
- Volleyball courts
Q: How will the County enforce the gathering restriction?
A: Arlington County Police, park rangers, and park rovers will be monitoring parks, trails, playgrounds and fields to ensure people are social distancing and that groups are no bigger than 50 people. Report issues here.
Q: What Parks & Recreation summer programs have been canceled?
The following programs have been canceled for the summer 2020 session:
- Enjoy Arlington classes
- 55+ programs, trips and classes
- Explore Nature & History programs
- Summer Basketball and Adult Pick-up Soccer and Soccer Clinics
- Summer Cooperative Playgroup