We asked about Pickleball the fall of 2019, and this is what we heard from Arlington County residents:
- Most Pickleball people say they play for social reasons. While playing with friends is important, players are more likely to play with whomever is on the court.
- The most popular time to play is in the morning through mid-afternoon.
- Indoor play is preferred for a variety of reasons with the weather being the main deterrent to outdoor play. Players are open to playing on outdoor courts during the mild weather – spring and fall.
- Players report an average wait time between 10 and 20 minutes, but it really depends on the court and time of day.
- The majority of respondents reported that they feel four-six courts provide the best experience.
Here’s the raw data from the feedback we received.
Stay tuned! The new Lubber Run Community Center opens in the fall and will have indoor courts.