The first day of any registration is very, very busy. Prepare now!
Prior to February 17
- View camp options here. Pre-identify the camps for which you will be registering.
- Know your User ID and Password. Not sure?
- Verify the dates of birth of all registrants prior to registration. Campers who fall outside the age requirements for a camp require pre-approval and cannot enroll online.
- You must qualify for fee reductions prior to registering. Learn more here or call 703-228-4747 to learn how to qualify.
On registration day
If you experience a technical issue registering,and as a result your child cannot get into a camp, put your child on the waitlist, as we do get cancellations. Staff will look into the issue if you email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your household number or account number
- Specifically what happened when registering
- Name of the child and activity number of the camp your child is wait listed for
- How to contact you
If you experience a technical issue registering and you cannot put your child on the waitlist, call 703-228-4747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are few other items that can be handled by the registration office by sending an email to email@example.com. We process all requests in the order they are received, within three business days, as long as you include your household number, best contact method and activity numbers.
- Forgot to add/cancel before or after care for camps?
- Want to know what number you are on the waitlist?
- You have two kids that need to be in the same camp/class, one got in and the other is on the waitlist?
- You can’t see your aquatics or gymnastics credits?
- You have two credit card transactions pending and you only processed payment once?
Last fall, Arlington County Department of Parks and Recreation upgraded our registration system and, unfortunately our online registrations in December and January were negatively affected with timeouts, failures and other problems.
Since that time, we have worked very closely with the County’s Department of Technology Services and our registration vendor to identify and address several items that contributed to the slow system performance. Our load testing now indicates significant speed increases.
In addition to working through the system issues, we have committed additional resources to handle issues as they arise:
- Almost doubled the number of calls in the registration queue and instituted new protocols to ensure that calls are not dropped.
- More than doubled the number of trained service agents in place to assist on registration day.