DPR has picnic shelters, community center rooms, outdoor courts and fields, and amenities to rent for your activities and parties.
To reserve indoor and outdoor facilities, please email a completed Facility Request Form to Facilities Scheduling. Individuals may also complete the request form in person at 3700 South Four Mile Run Drive. We no longer accept faxed request forms. For questions or more information, please call 703-228-1805.
Shelters, Fields, and Courts
Please see the below links to view your shelter, field, and court availability. For the Gunston Bubble, please contact facility scheduling above.
- Picnic Shelter
- Diamond Fields
- Rectangular Fields
- Tennis Courts
- Outdoor Basketball Courts
- Outdoor Volleyball Courts
- Outdoor Bocce Ball Courts
- Gunston Bubble: A unique indoor turf facility available to rent for sports’ training and parties. Please email a completed Facility Request Form to Facilities Scheduling.
Community Center Rooms
Visit our community center page to check out available room rentals to host your next meeting, party, or other occasion.
DPR offers a unique opportunity to rent moon bounces, face painting, and other fun amusements for your next event or party. Check out all the great options today!
DPR offers several youth birthday party opportunities to consider.
- Gulf Branch Nature Center has great birthday party package available for children ages 4 and up. Reduced rate rentals also available for younger children with a naturalist-led program.
- Long Branch Nature Center for children four and up. Join a center naturalist at to discover neat things about the animal of your choice and even meet a critter up-close and personal.
- Gymnastics Party at Barcroft Sports & Fitness Center. Party fun can include an obstacle course, tumble track, foam pit, and games for ages 5-12.
- Roller Skating Birthday Parties at Thomas Jefferson Community Center. Children ages 4-11 and their guests will have lots of fun using our skating facility.
- Artful Parties: Celebrate your next birthday, shower or anniversary right here in Arlington! Choose your own creative party and our staff will guide your group through a unique, exciting and playful experience! Party Flyer
The county currently has seven gardens. These gardens are run on a daily basis by the individual associations with their own set of bylaws — although County rules and regulations must be observed. Each association has a chief gardener who serves as the point of contact with the County. Learn more about community gardens here.
Cultural Facility Rentals and Mobile Stage
Some of the theaters and art galleries managed by Arlington Cultural Affairs are available for rent. Rental fees depend on many factors, please call the staff to get accurate up-to-date information. Learn more about these rental options here.
The Hendry House
The Hendry House is a 19-acre park that includes a lush tree canopy, an open meadow, a partially preserved 1863 Civil War fort and the historic Hendry House – a beautiful location for weddings, rehearsal dinners and meetings.
The Bon Air Rose Garden
Bon Air Park features a beautiful memorial rose garden that is often the site for wedding photos. Enjoy the azalea, shade, sun and ornamental tree gardens by visiting our rose garden. To reserve the Rose Garden, please submit this request form to Facilities Scheduling. Individuals may also complete the request form in person at 3700 South Four Mile Run Drive.