Summer Camp Information
Summer was designed to give kids a break from school and help them try new experiences and grow mentally, physically and socially. Whether your child wants to refine a sports skill, go fishing, be in a play, learn magic, play mind-adventure games … or just plain hang, Arlington has something to offer.
- Online registration for residents begins at 7 a.m. on February 18, 2015.
- Carry-in and Phone-in registration for residents begins at 8 a.m. on February 25, 2015.
- Non-resident registration begins at 8 a.m. on March 4, 2015.
- Phone-in or carry-in registration takes place at our main Registration office, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, 3700 S. Four Mile Run Dr. Phone: 703-228-4747.
- Tips on successfully registering
- View and print the forms needed for Arlington County Camp Registration.
- Floral Creations session 4 and 7 have been canceled.
- Care Actor; theatrical Teens! session 5 has been canceled.
- Chuck Driesell Basketball Academy session 5 has been canceled.
- Academy International Field Hockey session 6 at Wakefield High School has been canceled.
Camp Location Changes
- Educational Theatre Company: Creative Drama Camps will be at Carver Center sessions 1,2,3,4,5 and Williamsburg MS sessions 6,7,8,9.
- First Serve Indoor Tennis Camp session 5 will be held at Barcroft Sport and Fitness Center and not Gunston Community Center.
Camp Catalog Corrections
- The published Easy Camp guide contains errors. Please use this updated Easy Camp Guide.
- Jr Jam at Arlington Mill CC is camp code 532735 not 532415.
- Summer Expedition Summer School Hours are offered sessions 4A-8A not 3A-7A.
- Summer Expedition Walk in Registration hours at Arlington Mill are Monday and Thursday from 9am-6pm not Monday and Friday.
- Summer Expedition Walk in Registration hours at Carver Community Center are Monday and Tuesday from 4-6pm, not Monday-Friday.
- Summer Expedition does not have Walk in Registration hours at Walter Reed Community Center.
- Camp Discovery extended hours are offered sessions 2 and 3 not sessions 2 and 8.
- All Mobile Van in the Parks program hours are 6-8pm not 5:30-8:30pm.
- Educational Theatre Company: Beginnings Camps for Preschoolers does not offer a 1-4pm session. The correct website for this camp is www.educationaltheatrecompany.org.
- Lola’s Laboratory: Groveland will be session 9 not session 10.
- Lola’s Laboratory: Zootopia Myth’s will be session 10 no session 9.
- Lola’s Laboratory: Captain Kaleidoscope has added an addition week of camp session 11 at Madison Center.
- Sciensational: Harry Potter camp session 9 is 9am to Noon not 12:45-3:45pm.
- Sciensational Follow Me Robot camp session 10 is 9am to Noon not 12:45-3:45pm
- The camp codes for Creative Arts Camps at Madison and Fairlington were listed incorrectly until February 10, 2015. The following are the correct and current camp codes:
- Creative Arts Camps at Fairlington CC is camp code 531245.
- Creative Arts Camps at Madison CC is camp code 531405.
Don’t Let Fees Be a Barrier
- Arlington does not want fees or language to be a barrier for residents to participate in camps. Call 703-228-4747 for help. Watch a short video explaining the Fee Reduction Policy.
What Do You Want to Do This Summer? There’s Something for Everyone
- Classic Camps offer a variety of programming options, both structured and unstructured, that include art, sports, trips and more.
- Overnight Camps are a combo of a classic camp, nature/adventure camp and sleepover.
- Nature, Adventure or History Camps are for kids who love the outdoors and want to learn about and enjoy nature … and maybe stretch their limits with challenges such as canoeing, caving and more.
- Creative Arts Camps come in every shape and size, for those who want to learn to paint a picture, act in a play, throw a pot, sing a song and more!
- Sports Camps are available for the sports enthusiast who enjoys every sport in a sports combo camp, or for the camper who wants to learn or refine skills in a specific sport camp such as basketball or tennis.
- Camps for Individuals with Disabilities are camps specifically designed for individuals with physical, emotional, social or cognitive/mental challenges. Please note! We can make accommodations in any camp for kids with disabilities. Just let us know what camp and what you need.
- Imagination Exploration Camps bring kids with special interests in science, magic, history and imagination strategy games together.
- Community Center Based Camps are community center-based programs for children ages 5-16, designed to give families lots of flexibility, including an option for students attending summer school!
Arlington County can provide upon request reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Questions on access and inclusion should be directed to the Therapeutic Recreation Office at 703-228-4740 or TTY 711.