2015 Winter Break Camps
Silver Knights Chess Camp
It’s your move, so strategize to spend three days playing and learning about chess. Our Silver Knights chess coaches are highly rated professional chess instructors, who have taught tens of thousands of children, including the 2008 national champions for first and second grade. Players of all skill levels, from beginners to tournament players, will enjoy this camp and are teamed accordingly. Aside from chess, campers will enjoy snacks, lunch, recess and other activities. Staff to participant ratio: 1:10. Ages 5-12.
Location Madison Center
Dates Dec. 21-23, 28-30
Registration › Register at www.silverknightschess.com.
All American Sports Camp
Get active and have fun this fall at the ultimate sports camp! Campers will enjoy basketball, soccer, flag football, team handball, wiffleball and floor hockey, as well as a variety of lead up group games. Camp Director Allan Glascock is special education teacher at Wakefield High School with more than 15 years of coaching experience. Campers participate in skill instruction, games and tournaments. Staff to participant ratio: 1:12. Ages 6-12.
Location Barcroft Sports & Fitness Center
Dates Dec. 21-23, 28-31 (31 ends at 12pm)
Ext. Hours: AM: 7-9am, PM: 3-6pm
Fees Dec 21-23 $105, Dec 28-31 $140
Ext. Hours: Dec. 21-23 AM: $10, PM: $21
Dec. 28-31 AM: $20, PM: $20
Registration › Register at www.sportzcampz4kidz.org. Contact All American Sports Camp at firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-998-8123.
Momentum³ Basketball Mini Camp
Winter break basketball minicamp offers all the same great counselors, top-notch instruction and fun as our summer camp programs. Our camps emphasize individual skills, fundamentals and team play in a positive – FUN environment. Fundamentals include shooting, passing, dribbling, rebounding and defensive techniques. Staff to participant ratio: 1:9. Ages 6-14.
Location Langston-Brown Center
Dates Dec. 21-23, 28-30
Ext Hours AM: 8-9am, PM: 3-6pm
Fees $60 one day, $150 three days
Ext Care: AM: $8, PM: $12 (per day)
Registration › Register online www.momentum-3.com.
Don’t Let Fees Be a Barrier
- Arlington does not want fees or language to be a barrier for residents to participate in camps. Call 703-228-4747 for help. Watch a short video explaining the Fee Reduction Policy.
Summer Camp Information
Summer was designed to give kids a break from school and help them try new experiences and grow mentally, physically and socially. Whether your child wants to refine a sports skill, go fishing, be in a play, learn magic, play mind-adventure games … or just plain hang, Arlington has something to offer.
What Do You Want to Do This Summer? There’s Something for Everyone
- Classic Camps offer a variety of programming options, both structured and unstructured, that include art, sports, trips and more.
- Overnight Camps are a combo of a classic camp, nature/adventure camp and sleepover.
- Nature, Adventure or History Camps are for kids who love the outdoors and want to learn about and enjoy nature … and maybe stretch their limits with challenges such as canoeing, caving and more.
- Creative Arts Camps come in every shape and size, for those who want to learn to paint a picture, act in a play, throw a pot, sing a song and more!
- Sports Camps are available for the sports enthusiast who enjoys every sport in a sports combo camp, or for the camper who wants to learn or refine skills in a specific sport camp such as basketball or tennis.
- Camps for Individuals with Disabilities are camps specifically designed for individuals with physical, emotional, social or cognitive/mental challenges. Please note! We can make accommodations in any camp for kids with disabilities. Just let us know what camp and what you need.
- Imagination Exploration Camps bring kids with special interests in science, magic, history and imagination strategy games together.
- Community Center Based Camps are community center-based programs for children ages 5-16, designed to give families lots of flexibility, including an option for students attending summer school!
Arlington County can provide upon request reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Questions on access and inclusion should be directed to the Therapeutic Recreation Office at 703-228-4740 or TTY 711.
2015 Summer Camp Registration Information
- Online registration for residents begins at 7 a.m. on February 18, 2015.
- Carry-in and Phone-in registration for residents begins at 8 a.m. on February 25, 2015.
- Non-resident registration begins at 8 a.m. on March 4, 2015.
- Phone-in or carry-in registration takes place at our main Registration office, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, 3700 S. Four Mile Run Dr. Phone: 703-228-4747.
- Tips on successfully registering
2015 Summer Camp Registration Forms
- View and print the forms needed for Arlington County Camp Registration.