Keep active and engaged. There’s always something happening in Arlington for people 55 and older and you’ll know what that is by reading the 55+ Guide.
The 55+ Guide is published bimonthly and is filled with a variety of activities. Most of the programs are free if you have a 55+ Pass.
View the previous January/February guide.
How to Register
Just pick out programs in the 55+ Guide and follow the registration instructions in the listing.
For programs in March & April, you can register starting at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, March 3 (date has been moved because of inclement weather). Register online*, in-person at a senior center, calling 703-228-4744 or sending your registration to DPR Registration Office, 3700 S. Four Mile Run Drive, Arlington, VA 22206.
To cancel an activity you have registered for, please call 703-228-4744.
* Most travel and fitness programs, and many art programs, require advanced registration and payment.
To register online:
- Go to https://registration.arlingtonva.us/
- Enter your login ID and Password. A new web page will appear. If this is your first time and you do not know your ID and password, please call 703-228-4744 or 703-228-4747.
- Click on the “55-Plus” menu and then on “Browse/Register for 55+ Trips.”
- Find the trip you are interested in and click on it. Then click “Enroll Now.”
- Select the name of the individual you are registering. Click “Add to Cart.”
- You will have the option to “Continue Shopping” or “Checkout.” Click on one of those choices.
- When you are done, pay by credit card for your online registration.
Take a look at what’s available at your local senior center. The recreation, education, fitness and social programs can make a difference in your life!
(for all fitness levels)
- Seated exercise classes
- Strength training
- Tai Chi
- Walking Clubs
- Ice Skating
- Senior Olympics
- Art Awareness
- Computer classes
- Language classes
- Music Appreciation
- Nutrition classes
- Safe Driving classes
- Armchair Travel
- Book Clubs
- Current Events
- Dancing (Tap, Line, Ballroom, Square Hawaiian Dance)
- Instrumental Groups
- Lecture Series
- Memoir Writing
- Mental Aerobics
- Ping Pong
- Singing Groups
- Wellness Programs
- Volunteer/Leadership Opportunities